My future career!
My dream job is to become a doctor. In this profession, you have to be very hardworking and empathetic which resonates a lot with me. I really like the proximity with patients and everyday is a new opportunity to help people in need. I am also aiming towards pediatrics because I love children. This specific branch of medicine involves a lot of interpersonal skills because, in a lot of cases, you have to comfort worried families. What drives me the most in life is helping people and this profession is a great way to accomplish that.
From a very young age, I have always wanted to be in the medical field. My
mom is a nurse and I loved hearing about her day and the people she cured. I looked
up to her a lot and I still do. The desire to become a doctor came when I got
sick. Around the age of 10, I was diagnosed with epilepsy. It was a very scary
time for me and my family because we did not know what caused these episodes. I
was always at the hospital and, strangely enough, it became my safe place. Even
if my being there meant I was still sick, it also meant I could see the doctors
and ask about all the cool medical tools around me. This is also why I want to
be a pediatrician. I want to help sick kids the way I was helped.
During the pandemic, the health care system was in a crisis and there were a lot of job opportunities to fill. I saw this as an opportunity to do my part. I started working in a CHSLD when COVID-19 was as it's peek. I saw all the damage this disease caused and lost a lot of patients. This period of time was shadowed by a lot of darkness, especially for the families who lost their loved ones. This experience only made me want to pursue medicine even more because I realized how much of a difference we can make. It was truly eye-opening.


It's nice to see you already gaining experience for your future career while working in a CHSLD! You must gain so many new skills.
RépondreEffacerYes! Thank you William:)
EffacerIt’s good to see how helping sick and worried people is important for you. It proves that this field is made for you. I’m convinced you will be great at it!
RépondreEffacerThank you so much Elodie, I really appreciate your comment!
EffacerHello Elisabeth! Your blog is very interesting. Also, it is great that you had the chance to work in the system before becoming a doctor! In my opinion, to improve the visual of this post, you could justify your text so that it is aligned. Other than that, your blog is great! Keep up the good work!
RépondreEffacerHello Alexane! Thank you so much for your feedback, I will definitely align my text.
EffacerWhat a beautiful testimony, Elisabeth! I enjoyed reading every bit of your blog, always looking forward to reading the next few lines.
RépondreEffacerYour last paragraph really got to me. Thank you for being the amazing person that you are and for making a difference in the lives of so many people. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard it must have been for you losing so many patients. Seniors are amazing and have so much to teach us. I'm sure you'll make a wonderful doctor!
Elements to review:
- Review the use of commas, especially in your first paragraph.
- Language: stuff (change word )
- subject-verb agreement: there was a lot of
- Typo: i
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this comment Miss. Cindy. I really appreciate your kind words. I also reviewed and changed the few mistakes:)
Effacer